SurgicalPerformance users can claim 1 CPD point/hour for every 12 completed cases entered into SurgicalPerfomance. Here we explain how it is done.
Fellows of RANZCOG need to submit their CPD claims every 3 years. RANZCOG will post the necessary forms to you but you can also download the forms from their website.
Using SurgicalPerformance makes the claiming of CPD points an easy task.
How many points can you claim? There is a CPD point calculator on your dashboard that is filterable so you can see how you are tracking.
- Make sure the CPD period at the bottom of the SurgicalPerformance PRA counter is correct. You can simply change it by choosing a different “From” and “To” date ( don't forget to hit "Go").
- The SurgicalPerformance PRA counter will tell you how many PRA points you have current.
- The counter will also tell you how many “potential” points you could claim if you would complete the follow up on patients
In the example above our fictional SurgicalPerformance user collected 24 PRA points that are claimable. In addition, the SurgicalPerformance user could possibly claim another 16 PRA points if the user would complete the records of some patients.
- You simply claim your points on the forms that are to be sent to the RANZCOG and you wait to hear from them.
- Should you be selected to verify your documentation and submit proof of your PRA points, you simply create a print screen of your SurgicalPerformance PRA counter and submit it to the RANZCOG.
- You can also print your CPD certificate via your profile drop down. Make sure you have entered your First and Last name onto your account otherwise it will just state your username.